Friday, August 7, 2009

Selma Hayek Grows a Beard

What is it with the Weitz brothers and vampires?? I guess they have a taste for the eternal leeches. Paul Weitz, brother to Chris, (director of the much anticipated Twilight follow-up New Moon- cue giddy smile I can resist everytime I say those two words.) directs Selma Hayek, John C. Reilly and reletively unknown cutie Chris Massoglia in Cirque du Freak- opening October 23.

This flick's no New Moon though. (Sorry ladies.) The vampires leaves something to be desired (No dazzling topaz eyes here.) and the would be eye candy, Hayek, grows a beard everytime she's turned on by her blood sucking BF, Reilly. How she's getting turned on by him, I'm still not sure. BUT after watching the trailer, this is definitely where I parked my car!



It's a bit watered down - the vamps don't kill, just borrow plasma- but everyone in Massoglia's Darren's new vampirical world is supernatural somehow. Now this is what I'm talking about. Climbing walls, immortality, the guy from Almost Famous with green scaley skin. I could settle down in this town about as easily as I could Forks, WA. Bottom line: This movie is yet another reason why I can't wait for fall!

BC Out!

No comments:

Post a Comment