Thursday, August 27, 2009

The Queen arrives in Bon Temps

Today has been vamptastic blog day. Volturi, New Moon Soundtrack, more Volturi, Pam & Jim get married (?), True Blood. (Which one of these doesn't belong? LOL) Anyone who watched last week's True Blood knows we are in for a sultry Queen-y treat Sunday. (PS if you didn't go to HBO ondemand STAT! Plot thickens significantly.)

Evan Rachel Wood joins the cast as Queen Sophie-Ann. Below is EW's interview with Ms. Wood where she talks about Sophie-Ann's more...imbiguous sexual habits. Do I smell a Sookie, Sophie, Eric menage a trois...?

Is Evan Rachel Wood Playing a Lesbian Vampire?
Wed., Aug. 26, 2009 5:05 PM PDT by

HBO/ John P. Johnson




Queen Sophie-Anne is True Blood's new equal-opportunity vampire.

Evan Rachel Wood, who makes her devilish debut on the show this coming Sunday playing the 1,100-year-old bloodsucker boss lady of Louisiana, says she could end up having sex scenes with any of her costars.


"She's not necessarily a lesbian," Wood, 21, recently explained to me. "Her human partner is a girl, but I'm pretty sure she goes both ways [laughs]. I think vampires are like that in general."




And they also don't mind getting naked! Read on to hear what Ms. Wood has to say about stripping down on the hit HBO series and watching

Alexander SkarsgÄrd take a shower. Plus, she sets the record straight about the Spider-Man musical...


EW:I'm not sure why I am talking to you because I don't think you're allowed to tell me anything, right?



ER: [Laughs] I can tease! What do you want to know?




EW: I want to know who you are going to have sex with. Are you more Eric or Bill, and what kind of drama is Queen Sophie-Ann starting?



ER: I figured that those would be the questions! Who do I have sex with? Well, I don't know if I am having sex with anyone yet, but I certainly have a steamy scene with someone that I don't think you'd really expect. So it will be a little fun.



EW: So no Eric or Bill? Because I think that is what everyone is assuming.



ER: Um, I'm not saying anything. I can't say either way.




EW: How did you end up on the show?



ER: I watched the first season and loved the show, so I got in touch with [series creator]

Alan Ball and said, "Keep an eye out for anything that might pop up." I thought it was a long shot, but then later on I got a call saying they needed a queen.


**Must be tough! (cue my crazy jealous eyes)**



EW: Did you know anything about the queen beforehand?



ER: I didn't. I said yes, even before I read the script. I didn't really care.

EW: So are you Team Eric or Team Bill?



ER: I would say, Team Alex—Eric! Whoops. [Laughs]



Check out the entire interview at EW.com .



BC Out!

No comments:

Post a Comment