Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Love/Hate Blogging

I've developed an odd love/hate relationship with GiddyGirl (this blog). There are days that all I want to do is write- write for real. Like working on finishing Absolution so when my first novel Immortal (Eternal Dawn is another working title. Ha, I have a working title.) woos an agent (fingers crossed!) I will be ready with a completed round two, and get a chance to go back to round three, Phoenix Rising. (What? I write out of order. So sue me.)

I wake up driven to connect the Vows chapter to the Forever is Gone chapter and flesh out my timeline, but somehow allow myself to check Myspace & Twitter which inevitably leads to Eclipse on set photos of Bryce Howard raising a Newborn army in Vancouver. And before I know it, I've been blogging for 2 hours and motivation is slipping. Then my stomach rumbles and it's lunch time, and I have to listen to Blue October and Muse to get back on track, which frequently backfires I might add.

Even blogging this is bad work ethic. I figured it would be therapeutic though. As wedding season and my other life as a wedding photographer (Didn't know I had layers did ya?) winds down, I am resolved to better balance GiddyGirl and Author Girl (me). I'm optimistic. Always am...until November 20th when New Moon throws a wolf-y wrench in that plan.:P
Wish me luck!

BC Out!

No comments:

Post a Comment