Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Bright Star has me Swooning

Bright Star looks absolutely lovely. I had no idea I was in need of a swoony 19th century love story flick until I saw this trailer. This is me running (not walking) to the library to check out all the Keats I can carry. Ah, I knew there was a better way to spend long summer days than watching the 14 second teaser for the second New Moon trailer for the thirtieth time. Not like reading Keats will stop that nonsense from occuring, but it will hopefully keep me from rounding out somewhere near 100 views. This is yet another reason I am counting down the days till fall (September 18)!

Written and directed by Academy Award winner Jane Campion, Bright Star is a riveting drama based on the three-year romance between 19th century poet John Keats and Fanny Brawne, which was cut short by Keats' untimely death at age 25. Ben Whishaw (The International, I'm Not There) and Abbie Cornish (Stop-Loss, Elizabeth: The Golden Age) star as Keats and Brawne, respectively.

Bright Star




(Sigh) The quote at the end: "I almost wish we were butterflies and lived but three summer days. Three days with you could fill with more delight than fifty common years could contain." (double sigh) This is me swooning blissfully, again. ;) Why don't boys talk like that anymore?

BC Out!

2 comments:

  1. Honey, boys NEVER talked like that. That's one of the English language's premiere poets talking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHA Aw, I wish I could argue that somewhere, somewhen boys talked liked that, but I can't bring myself to lie. I guess that's why we girls love romance movies & lit so much- Still holdin' on to that blissfully false dream LOL

    ReplyDelete