Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Stephenie Meyer does it again

Stephenie Meyer's golden cinematic touch continues. The Host is being optioned for a film. For those of you who haven't read the dictionary sized sci-fi follow up to Breaking Dawn (seriously, the woman can't write a short book), the novel follows Wanderer who is a "soul" inhabiting a less than cooperative body.

Now, I am by no means a sci-fi fan and I liked this book. Really the only thing Sci about it is that she asks you to accept that aliens in the form of tiny, silvery souls (think glittery jellies) have inhabited all (well, almost all) the humans on earth to create a peaceful planet. Wanderer is inserted into Melanie who is so deeply in love with her man Jared that she resists the souls presence- refusing to let Wanderer take her body. Big no no!


NEwho, it's pretty good, and I'm sure will secure Stephenie as a Best-seller turned film evoker in no time. Below is straight from Stepheniemeyer.com .


September 23, 2009
Hey guys, great news! The Host is on its way to the big screen:
Variety.com: "Twilight's Meyer..."



I'm so excited to be working with Nick Weschler, and Steve and Paula Mae Schwartz to bring The Host to a visual format. They've all been a dream to work with, so lovely and collaborative, and I feel like we're in a really good place to make a great movie together. And then to have Andrew Niccol writing and directing? Truly awesome. If you've never seen Gattaca, go watch it now. One of my favorite movies of all time. It's such a great example of character driven science fiction, which is ideal for The Host, no? I'm having an absolute blast imagining different dream casts, which I would post if people didn't take my silly blogs so seriously these days. I'm looking forward to seeing the cast lists you come up with in the fansite forums, and if any of them match mine.


So, very exciting. Yay Host!



XOSteph



BC Out!

No comments:

Post a Comment