Thursday, June 11, 2009

Summer Rental Season

Screw the economy- it's time to renew your Netflix subscription and catch up on your "Must Rent List" (don't lie you have one).

One of my picks (if I didn’t already own it) is Nick and Norah’s Infinite Playlist. Michael Cera can do no wrong in my book and Kat Dennings is fabulous as the “goodie bag” at Nick’s “pity party” over his vixen-esque ex Tris.

One I’m itching for is Adventureland. Just before school starts back up (que tearful children) we’ll get to relive the 80’s in all their misled glory on August 25th. This is one of my favorite movies of the year, so far. Go rent it!

I can’t get enough of Kristen Stewart and her adorable nervous ticks (hands through the hair, poignant blinks, humorless coughed laughs). Plus, Jesse Eisenberg shows us just how much of a sweetie pie he is if we didn’t already know from The Squid & the Whale (another great rental). There’s just something about these “Indie” wandering youth flix that I’m drawn to. Could it be the striking relevance to my own life…?

BC Out!

No comments:

Post a Comment