Thursday, June 17, 2010

Lisa McMann's 'Wake' trilogy to hit the big screen

When I met Lisa McMann at a book signing in Holland, MI last month she told the crowd of adoring Wake fans that the trilogy wasn't going to be made into a movie...yet. Well, things happen fast in Hollywood. It seems I'll have another book hottie (Cabel!) to drool over in real life--or as real as fiction gets aka the movies. Who am I kidding? Fiction is real life to me sometimes. 

My only qualm, they're shopping Miley Cyrus for the lead role, Janie. Um, no.  We all know I have issues with Miley. First, Aprilynn Pike's Wings now Wake? I'm way more invested in Janie, so this one stings even more. Miley has no right kissing Cabel! 

OK, enough of my anti-Cyrus rant. Check out Lisa's official blog post announcing the fabulous news. Congrats Lisa!


The rumors are true -- WAKE movie news!

Paramount and MTV Films have picked up the film rights to the WAKE trilogy, with Christopher Landon (Disturbia) writing/directing. Miley Cyrus is considering the lead role.

As you know, even with people and studios attached, it takes a lot for a movie to actually happen, so there are no guarantees it'll get made. But I'm crossing my fingers.

I am thrilled!

As soon as I have more information, I will let you know. Read all the details at the link above!

xox
Lisa



Here's a little synopsis if you're insane-o and haven't read Wake, Fade and Gone yet. 


WAKE
For seventeen-year-old Janie, getting sucked into other people's dreams is getting old. Especially the falling dreams, the naked-but-nobody-notices dreams, and the sex-crazed dreams. Janie's seen enough fantasy booty to last her a lifetime.

She can't tell anybody about what she does -- they'd never believe her, or worse, they'd think she's a freak. So Janie lives on the fringe, cursed with an ability she doesn't want and can't control.

Then she falls into a gruesome nightmare, one that chills her to the bone. For the first time, Janie is more than a witness to someone else's twisted psyche. She is a participant....


BethDazzled

No comments:

Post a Comment