Sunday, April 18, 2010

I hugged Shannon Leto last nite!!! 30STM concert in Detroit


EDIT: This lovely people over at Jared-Leto.net referenced this post and used my Youtube vids in the Detroit THIS IS WAR post on their site. If you're a Jared (or 30STM) addict you need to check out this site!

Last night was 30 Seconds to Mars' THIS IS WAR concert at the Fillmore in Detroit. (Yup, that's me on the CD cover with the boys' signatures all over my face.) Mute Math was a no show (the "Spotlight" was not on), but as soon as Neon Trees’ leader singer, Tyler Glenn, took the stage with a strut and an androgynous thrust of the hips in a hot pink (or was it pomegranate, Jared?) suit and bow tie, I knew I was going to love them for much more than their catchy song Animal . By the time their set was over, the crowd was ready for WAR!




This was my fourth time seeing Jared, Tomo & Shannon rock out, but it's always like the first time--except now I know how to function during the infamous Leto dazzle stare down. I actually got out full sentences during the meet & greet! which led to a "free hug" from Shannon--OK, maybe it was free for me, but I'm pretty sure he paid for it. When I leaned in, he mumbled "And you snuck one in." meaning: I never said you could touch me. Damn you Twitter followers!

PS The man was hard as a rock! We're talking Cullen marble physique. That paired with the dazzling gaze only further verifies my inhuman man gods theory for the Leto family. The upside to physically assaulting Shannon was that I earned a laugh from Tomo and gained the confidence to tell Jared "I love the 'pomegranate' 'hawk." I pointed all emphatically to his coif, and he said "thank you" in that whispery coo of his and told me he liked my shirt (again). Little mad at myself though because I forgot to point out that we had the same blue colored nails. They matched his eyes!






As usual, we were herded through the line way to fast, but it was doubly glorious because I wasn't the only one who waited in line this time. All four of my friends got to be de-virginized/dazzled. I just love that glazed over look people get when they clear the line and say, "It's just his eyes...those blue eyes..."
Aw, to be dazzled...

Here are the lessons learned:
1. Jared + pomagranate mohawk = wonderful
2. TW-alking (Twitter stalking) pays off when you meet a celebrity. (How do you think I got my reluctant hug from Shannon? "Free hugs in Chicago")
3. Never listen to venue employees who tell you you must have merch to be in the meet & greet line. (They're just trying to weed out the non-believers!)
4. Always take a 30STM virgin with you so you can relive the bliss of first Leto dazzlement. (Lauren was totally dazzled!)
5. Avoid shirtless, tattooed D-bags and their bleach blond hoesbeast girlfriends when making your way to the coveted front row where Jared can hit you with his water bottle.
6. 30 SECONDS TO MARS MAKES WAR ROCK-TASTIC!!!



Enjoy the pics and vids.




Jared making us all witness to this Tweet:

"Wut up bitches u wish u were here!!!" From the crowd in deeeetroit http://tweetphoto.com/18899457

Sorry the audio is scratchy. I think I was too close and the massive speakers blew out my tiny camera recorder.





It was truly a glorious gathering of MARS soldiers!

BethDazzled 

6 comments:

  1. Wow that was such a great read. I love reading those fan experiences. :) Sounds like you had the best time ever. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you're very lucky... I wish I could see Jared closer into his eyes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Be careful if you ever do get up close with Jared's (or Shannon's for that matter--it runs in the family) eyes. I'm not joking about him dazzling--he totally does! It's disorientating but FABULOUS!

    Thanx for reading and commenting!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. aww!!!!! i really wish i could go to their concert (maybe even fly all the way ther just to see them!)but then they dont have a concert here in the philippines!!!!!!! u r sooooo lucky, like totally lucky! :((((

    ReplyDelete
  5. If by lucky you mean almost got bounced down a flight of stairs by a large black man then yes, lucky I am. And it was so worth the reluctant grumbles Shannon voiced during the hug. (No joke. He was not a happy camper.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow What a great show. I wish I could see this. Thanks for this amazing post. Love this :)

    ReplyDelete